RESEARCHING Photo, illustration, art and motion research ▪ Communication with individual, institutional, amateur and agency vendors ▪ Digital asset management
EDITING Clearance, rights and permissions ▪ Usage rate agreements and contracts ▪ Color correction and retouching ▪ Plan and critique of publication designs ▪ Interior and cover book design ▪ Educational products, fiction, and nonfiction print and electronic publications
CREATING Digital photography, in-studio and location ▪ News, sports and feature photography ▪ Stock photography ▪ Keywording/tagging ▪ Photo studio equipment purchasing and maintenance
MANAGING Hiring and managing freelancers ▪ Containing costs under tight budgets and strict deadlines ▪ Partner with editors, designers, writers, illustrators and marketing professionals ▪ Highly organized ▪ Multi-tasking
· Obtained photos and permissions from legendary guitarist Les Paul for one of his last biographies before his death, Electric Guitar Man: The Genius of Les Paul, by Edwin Brit Wyckoff.
· Completed all image research for Big Cats: Hunters of the Night by Elaine Landau, the 2008 Children's Choice Book Awards Book of the Year, Third–Fourth Grade. Facilitated all image clearance and permissions after Scholastic purchased the entire series Animals After Dark and rebound it as Hunters of the Night.
· Photographed local reactions to the events on September 11, 2001 for a group of community newspapers. One image was selected for the 2002 exhibition “Here is New York.” Later the image was published in the Social Studies textbook titled New Context by Cornelsen Verlag.
· Cover image research and design planning for Code Name Komiko. Paul, Naomi. Enslow Publishers, Inc. Forthcoming 2014.
· Image research for The American Revolution Through Primary Sources series. Micklos, John. Enslow Publishers, Inc. 2013.
· Original location photography and image research for Ready, Set, Cheer! series. Mullarkey, Lisa. Enslow Publishers, Inc. 2011.
· Original studio photography for Paper Craft Fun for Holidays series. McGee, Randel. Enslow Publishers, Inc. 2008-2012.
· Photo editing of images from one photographer for Running Free: America’s Wild Horses. Staub, Frank. Enslow Publishers, Inc. 2006.
Enslow Publishers, Inc., Berkeley Heights, NJ - Photo Manager, 2006 – 2013
Rosen Publishing Group, New York, NY - Photo Researcher, 2005 – 2006
Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Education, New York, NY - Image Coordinator, 2004 – 2005
NJN Publishing, Somerville, NJ - Staff Photographer, 1998 – 2004
Sygma Photo News, New York, NY - Assistant Photo Researcher, 1997 – 1998
The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ - BFA in Fine Arts, 1997
American Society of Picture Professionals (ASPP)